The Innovator’s Mindset
- The smartest person in the room is the room
- TED – Kate Simons: I’m Seventeen
- Education will always be about relationships.
- Gosling cereal
- Mr bird stammer
- Twitter in 60 sec…mitosis in 60 sec
- Washington valedictory instagram compliments
- Beyonce snuggy
- Rube Goldberg kid
- Pro social network, digital port, about.me page
- Digital photography process of the final photo – bridge video
- Rave benny hill
- Social media is like water. You can either let us drown or teach us to swim.
- Make the positives so loud that the negatives are almost impossible to hear.
- Citation mindset
- Creative Commons search
- It’s not the tools, it’s the inspiration.
- Simple tools are important…tools shouldn’t get in the way.
- http://tinyurl.com/NV-video-sets – sample videos
- speakpipe.com – link or download…no account needed…doesn’t seem to work on iPad
- Sound trap (like GarageBand)…really cool
- Freesound – sound effects community…CC
- Creative Commons Search – Flickr, Wikimedia Commons – beta
- Photos for Class – http://photosforclass.com/ – creates image w/ citation
- Adobe Spark – wow!…awesome tool
- YouTube editor/editor
- Wevideo-best online editor
- EDpuzzle – ad questions quizzes to videos
- Always do a script
- Have an audience
- Option of doing a poster
- Time limits
- Other rules…no death
- Turn in as links
- Never do an image search in front of kids
- Done is better than perfect
Building Better Math Activities
Are You Ready to #GoOpen?
- Using openly licensed resources
- OER not identical to GoOpen
- Materials are not keeping pace…
- Educators already find current resources…
- Use, reuse, modification, and sharing
- Free+Reuse rights – retain, reuse, revise, remix, redistribute…
- OER – Free digital learning resource (copyrighted) – proprietary
- OER Commons (GoOpen platform) – Amazon – Microsoft – Follett – Edmodo
Google Story Builder