Burn out without ever being on fire
Get your hair wet
Leveling Up! The Four Realms for Effective Technology Use
Dan McDowell, Reuben Hoffman
Inspiring Change: A Discussion about Instructional Coaching
Jo-Ann Fox, Delaine Johnson, et. al.
Google for Education Certified Innovators Panel – Time to Slam!
Google Song maker
Check Mark extension…cool…custom comments
Story speaker extension
Draw Your Learning – A Picture Communicates 1000 Words
Taking this free online course through Adobe Education Exchange.
Cool Nuggets Worth Exploirting
I just submitted my application for the Google Innovation Academy this August in Washington D.C. It’s crazy trying to pull everything together just as the school year is ending, but…I got everything done. It was a big investment of time…but worth it. Even though the odds of getting accepted are small, I’d love the opportunity.
Here’s my Project Vision Video and my old application video (didn’t make it) for the Google Certified Teacher Academy a number of years ago.
Better Math Labs with Desmos: Leveraging Technology through Collaboration
- Polygraph…can be used with lots of activities.
- Create polygraph w/ postits first…
- Use Google slides to create images…
The Web 2.0 You Might Not Know About
lesliefisher.com – find press here
- Find: tools you can use tomorrow
- Minecraft Education
- Civilization Education – glasslabgames.org (Summer 2017)
- SimCity.edu – battling pollution available
- Flippity Badge Tracker – check out flippity
- Plickers – image of cards for grading…
- EdPuzzle – assessment layer to videos…supports Google Classroom…iOS and android apps
- ClassHub – student management system ******** manage student devices (check out ‘Clever’ …single logins) $8/student/year
- Seesaw… web.seesaw.me …get content off student devices…portfolios
- Newsela…98% free
- Google Voice Typing
- deliver.com … qr codes you can change target
- goo.gl – good for static
- Google Tone – chrome plugin…push web pages to devices
- chirp.io – send URL to devices
- Google Cast for Education – pushes screen the Chrome browser
- Smarty pins …check out
- spacehopper.io –
- versal – put a lesson online
- Wufoo – create forms…easier than Google forms…drag, customize
- Classcraft – rewards in game…like Warcraft…very collaborative
- Chore wars – chorewars.com
- Permission Click – online permission forms…hierarchy permissions
- Mystery Skype – interact with classes around the world
The Art and Soul of Education
The Innovator’s Mindset
- The smartest person in the room is the room
- TED – Kate Simons: I’m Seventeen
- Education will always be about relationships.
- Gosling cereal
- Mr bird stammer
- Twitter in 60 sec…mitosis in 60 sec
- Washington valedictory instagram compliments
- Beyonce snuggy
- Rube Goldberg kid
- Pro social network, digital port, about.me page
- Digital photography process of the final photo – bridge video
- Rave benny hill
- Social media is like water. You can either let us drown or teach us to swim.
- Make the positives so loud that the negatives are almost impossible to hear.
- Citation mindset
- Creative Commons search
- It’s not the tools, it’s the inspiration.
- Simple tools are important…tools shouldn’t get in the way.
- http://tinyurl.com/NV-video-sets – sample videos
- speakpipe.com – link or download…no account needed…doesn’t seem to work on iPad
- Sound trap (like GarageBand)…really cool
- Freesound – sound effects community…CC
- Creative Commons Search – Flickr, Wikimedia Commons – beta
- Photos for Class – http://photosforclass.com/ – creates image w/ citation
- Adobe Spark – wow!…awesome tool
- YouTube editor/editor
- Wevideo-best online editor
- EDpuzzle – ad questions quizzes to videos
- Always do a script
- Have an audience
- Option of doing a poster
- Time limits
- Other rules…no death
- Turn in as links
- Never do an image search in front of kids
- Done is better than perfect
Building Better Math Activities
Are You Ready to #GoOpen?
- Using openly licensed resources
- OER not identical to GoOpen
- Materials are not keeping pace…
- Educators already find current resources…
- Use, reuse, modification, and sharing
- Free+Reuse rights – retain, reuse, revise, remix, redistribute…
- OER – Free digital learning resource (copyrighted) – proprietary
- OER Commons (GoOpen platform) – Amazon – Microsoft – Follett – Edmodo
Google Story Builder